A laundry list of ideas
I started playing the game less than a week ago, so some of my ideas may already exist but I'm just not aware of them. With that in mind here is a host of ideas which would be good to consider for the game:
  • Redshirting players (already suggested elsewhere but a good idea)
  • Statistics of all types - best of all time, per season, per game, school all time win/loss record
  • Awards, potentially with rewards for the school who achieves them (first win, top ten leaderboard, most career passing yards, etc.)
  • Rare/Unique decorations - to avoid having all schools look the same. Maybe when a person signs up they pick from a group of possible decorations.
  • Pregame matchup screen - to show more depth about the two teams' rosters prior to the game.
  • Optionally show player names below/above bobbleheads in game. Helps to get to know the players better/quicker.
  • Longer quarters - with the current 5 minute quarters if I'm playing instead of simming, once I get a 2 score lead I can't be beaten as I control the clock too well.
I'm sure I'll have others. So far, I'm having fun.
I agree, some personal Signage, logo or something to make each campus differ from the others. custom ( to tam Colors) End zones.
Hey guys! Great suggestions!

The problem I see with Redshirting players is that we would still have to make their seniority increase each game that is played because those players are still on the team, whether they are playing or not. Just like in real college, the athlete is still aging and graduating each year regardless of whether he's an active ball player. We would have to do the same thing.

We completely agree on full stats and that is one of the things in the pipeline

Awards/Achievements/Hall of Fame are also in the pipeline as we realize this is a very important part of the game and realize players want to not only beat other players, but also improve and beat their previous best performances as well.

Player logos - this is actually currently being worked on. You will be able to use your current FB user image or select from either an alphabet or one of 40 generic logos that will be colored based on your primary and secondary colors.

Pre-game match up screen. Great idea! We've previously discussed allowing users to purchase the full roster stats/information when selecting your potential opponents (find match) with either gold, fandom or bucks. However, having that information available as a pre-game option might be a good idea too. We would call it a "scouting report".

Longer quarters. We have discussed giving the player the option of choosing how long the quarters and I think that would be nice but one of the issues might be that some players that would otherwise jump in when challenged won't do so if its a long game. (most players probably do like shorter quarters and we want to make sure everyone has the opportunity to defend themselves by keeping the games somewhat short)

Thanks again for all the suggestions and the thought that went into them!
(01-19-2016, 09:10 PM)cratica Wrote: The problem I see with Redshirting players is that we would still have to make their seniority increase each game that is played because those players are still on the team, whether they are playing or not. Just like in real college, the athlete is still aging and graduating each year regardless of whether he's an active ball player. We would have to do the same thing.

How about if you redshirt your players they level up faster for their seniority increase ?

Like if you redshirt a player as a freshman instead of like 100 games to level up as a sophomore they take 50 games to level up as a sophomore.
If you redshirt a player as a sophomore instead of like 80 games to level up as a junior they take 40 games to level up as a junior.
if you redshirt a player as a junior instead of like 60 games to level up as a senior they take 30 games to level up as a senior.

I would just think if they were to level up faster for their seniority increase it would give people PROS and CONS when to redshirt a player and when not to redshirt a player.
also like a risk and reward for when they do redshirt a player.
I cannot wait to see this game in a year.... excited Big Grin
Cratica - I don't think what you said about Redshirt is entirely true. I believe the rule is that a player has 5 consecutive years to play 4 years. When a team designates a player as a Redshirt, that player is not allowed to play that year - UNLESS the redshirt is removed and no matter when that redshirt is removed during that year, he loses the entire year or eligibility. So in effect, he is redshirted his Freshman year, not allowed to play and then has 4 more years to play. When you hear someone say a player is a redshirt freshman, he is really a second year player playing his 1st year of eligibility. At least that is the way I believe it works. 

So, if a player is designated as a redshirt in the game, he could have games not count against him but he couldnt play, just gain experience and training. 

If a flag could be placed on the player to mark him as redshirt, he could be restricted from playing but allowed to gain training points.

Of course, I can say that but I sure can't write the code and it may be very difficult to incorporate that into the game. 

Thanks a million. I'm loving this game!!

Dirtdawgs Rule!!  and War Damn Eagle!
I don't think redshirting should be difficult. Here's exactly how I would implement it:

Any player can be redshirted one time.
Any player redshirted will still count against the active roster.
Any player redshirted will be unavailable to play for 15 team games and their player info will indicate how many games they are unavailable for.
Redshirted players can be trained but will not gain skill by any other means, nor would they lose skill.
Once a player's redshirt "season" is over, they are called "Redshirt Freshman", "Redshirt Senior", etc. to indicate they are no longer eligible for a redshirt season.

Teams IRL redshirt players that either need more time to increase their skills before they see the field or to prevent burning eligibility for players who aren't as good as the existing starters who are upperclassmen. Redshirting helps roster balance and will result in players being kept on rosters longer instead of a constant arms race of just dismissing players that fall below the current starter threshold.
Great idea