Conference powerups
Hi folks,

Since the last BFL we've had a lot of discussion about how the conference powerups work, so we wanted to clarify what's happening. Currently, conference powerups can be donated to a player while they are in game. That player can use those powerups if he or she refreshes or restarts while in game.

We did not anticipate that refreshing/restarting would allow you to access those powerups. We plan to change this with the next update, which will be coming out in about a week - you will not be able to donate to a conference mate when he or she is in game.

To be clear, however, we do not count this as cheating. While it can feel cheap to your opponent, it's completely within the rules of the game as they currently exist. Therefore, we will not be punishing anyone who utilized this ability during BFL or other games.

Thanks,
David
(09-20-2017, 11:21 PM)DavidSassen  You stated this will be changed with the next update in "about a week". Will you please post again WHEN this has been fixed.  Regardless of BFL ruling this to not be cheating, consumer opinion is ultimately what makes or breaks a product. Until it is fixed, the consumers who are making purchases are going to be reluctant to do so when knowing they cannot be confident they are not investing in a game where they are not playing H2H against one team but against an entire Conference during a game.  When I, or any other team,  click on CHALLENGE it has always been assumed we are challenging that team with the knowledge we have of that teams player levels, knowledge of what plays to call in certain game situations, and how they make use of that versus the same on our side. When the other team has the assistance DURING a game, that is not within the rules of the game. That is not H2H by the very definition of H2H challenges.  By having other teams assist me DURING a H2H challenge game goes against the very definition of a H2H challenge. When I click on CHALLENGE against a team, I am thereby AGREEING to play THAT team.  At no time was I agreeing to play that team and whomever that team has feeding him DURING a game. Wrote: Hi folks,

Since the last BFL we've had a lot of discussion about how the conference powerups work, so we wanted to clarify what's happening. Currently, conference powerups can be donated to a player while they are in game. That player can use those powerups if he or she refreshes or restarts while in game.

We did not anticipate that refreshing/restarting would allow you to access those powerups. We plan to change this with the next update, which will be coming out in about a week - you will not be able to donate to a conference mate when he or she is in game.

To be clear, however, we do not count this as cheating. While it can feel cheap to your opponent, it's completely within the rules of the game as they currently exist. Therefore, we will not be punishing anyone who utilized this ability during BFL or other games.

Thanks,
David

(09-21-2017, 01:59 PM)CHUPACABRA  "Disrupt, attempt to, or otherwise assist in the disruption of (i) any computer usedto support the Services or (ii) any other player\s experience;"     When I click CHALLENGE or click ACCEPT challenge, I am agreeing to a game against that particular player with all the assets that person has in that game. When another team knowingly assists another team DURING that game or the team in the game knowingly SEEKS out assistance during the game, that assistance is disrupting the agreement the two teams agreeing to the H2H challenge created when clicking accept. Clearly, engaging in the activity of knowingly donating to a team DURING a game in communications with said team violates this rule by disrupting the initial agreement to play ONE team in a head to head competition. I would love to get a ruling on this by the ADMINS who decided that seeking outside assistance during a game, accepting outside assistance during the game, and donating outside assistance during a game is not in violation of the agreement between two teams to play a H2H game. Wrote:
(09-20-2017, 11:21 PM)DavidSassen  You stated this will be changed with the next update in "about a week". Will you please post again WHEN this has been fixed.  Regardless of BFL ruling this to not be cheating, consumer opinion is ultimately what makes or breaks a product. Until it is fixed, the consumers who are making purchases are going to be reluctant to do so when knowing they cannot be confident they are not investing in a game where they are not playing H2H against one team but against an entire Conference during a game.  When I, or any other team,  click on CHALLENGE it has always been assumed we are challenging that team with the knowledge we have of that teams player levels, knowledge of what plays to call in certain game situations, and how they make use of that versus the same on our side. When the other team has the assistance DURING a game, that is not within the rules of the game. That is not H2H by the very definition of H2H challenges.  By having other teams assist me DURING a H2H challenge game goes against the very definition of a H2H challenge. When I click on CHALLENGE against a team, I am thereby AGREEING to play THAT team.  At no time was I agreeing to play that team and whomever that team has feeding him DURING a game. Wrote: Hi folks,

Thanks,
David
Hi Chupa,

We will definitely let everyone know when we update the game - there will be a number of new features going in as well.
So wait you guys allowed a glitch in the game to exist, didn't tell anybody about it or didn't personally knew about it. Then some clever players figured it out and used it to their advantage, winning games and championships with it and you don't consider that cheating? Where is the line crossed and if it's not unfair then why even fix it to begin with? What other game company would allow exploits to exist in a competitive game environment AND allow players to use them to their advantage over other unknowing players, then allow them to keep the victories they achieved using those unfair advantages. Most gaming companies take the tact that it's the responsibility of the player that upon the discovery of a exploit or glitch that gives you an advantage in a game you must report it to the game developers, not use it to your advantage. In other games they usually will take your achievements away and ban or suspend you from the game for using a glitch or exploit without reporting it. All you've done here is encourage more players to look for cheats, exploits, glitches and hacks to give themselves unfair advantages over others instead of playing a fair and honest game. This will happen again and again in the future rather than have honest players report them to you like what should occur.
Our position is that the line is crossed when a player uses something outside of the game to win. As long as a player is simply pressing buttons in the game, that's not cheating.

To be clear, we definitely did not know about this - the minute we heard about it, we fixed it.
I'm glad you all fixed it as anything that gives players an unintended advantage makes the game less fun for us all, the game is a lot more exciting when everyone is on an even playing field and game play is determined by how well you recruited and trained, luck, skill and dedication. However, this was not simply pressing buttons, this was using an exploit, a glitch, a work around to get extra powerups. That's quite different than simply finding a certain play that works better than others. Just because it was a bug/glitch in the game's code doesn't mean that the players should have used it, they should have upon finding it, reported it to one of you. Not exploited it to their advantage. If I found a button that gave me free gold and I pressed it I'm sure you guys wouldn't want me to just keep pressing it, showering my school in "free" gold. That would give me an unfair advantage over everybody in the game and cost you guys real life money. I just hope that in future scenarios were another exploit to be used to gain advantages in this game that you guys consider a more proactive approach to encourage players to report exploits to you, instead of players using them until they're discovered. I know you all have your hands full trying to debug and finish testing the latest update, I'm sure its a lot of work.