Longshot Games Forum

Full Version: Game needs to be fixed to make it more realistic !!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The game ha the POTENTIAL to be really great, but I have issues with the numbers not matching up !!
As for example, how can a RB/QB have a rating well over 300, and the opponents numbers are no where near as high, but the RB/QB have a difficult time running /passing? The game seems to be "rigged" so to make sure the player never wins too much does well.....sad because it has potential.....

Tigers2
Just to be clear, the game is not "rigged" in any way - the probabilities for the outcome of every play of every game are based *only* on the chosen offensive and defensive plays and the skills of the offensive and defensive players (including any powerup boosts). The simulator doesn't know anything about your win-loss records, how many points you have in the Gridiron Challenge, how much gold you have, or anything else, nor will we *ever* include anything like that. The only thing it knows are the plays and the players.

Now, that having been said, it's important to realize that the overall rating of a player isn't necessarily everything there is to know about him. The overall rating should probably take into account more skills than it does. For many defensive players, for example, their tackling skill is not included in the overall calculation, even though it's important. So a defensive team who all have an overall rating of 300 may do much worse than an offensive team rated 300 if their other skills haven't been improved, or much better if their other skills have been improved.

But the fundamental takeaway here is that if you improve the relevant skills of your players, the likelihood of doing well on any play that uses them will increase. We will never rig the game so that the player never "wins too much". We have no reason to.
(04-24-2016, 11:13 PM)DavidSassen Wrote: [ -> ]Just to be clear, the game is not "rigged" in any way - the probabilities for the outcome of every play of every game are based *only* on the chosen offensive and defensive plays and the skills of the offensive and defensive players (including any powerup boosts). The simulator doesn't know anything about your win-loss records, how many points you have in the Gridiron Challenge, how much gold you have, or anything else, nor will we *ever* include anything like that. The only thing it knows are the plays and the players.

Now, that having been said, it's important to realize that the overall rating of a player isn't necessarily everything there is to know about him. The overall rating should probably take into account more skills than it does. For many defensive players, for example, their tackling skill is not included in the overall calculation, even though it's important. So a defensive team who all have an overall rating of 300 may do much worse than an offensive team rated 300 if their other skills haven't been improved, or much better if their other skills have been improved.

But the fundamental takeaway here is that if you improve the relevant skills of your players, the likelihood of doing well on any play that uses them will increase. We will never rig the game so that the player never "wins too much". We have no reason to.

Well, I sure wish you could explain to me how a team whom is trained in all the areas, and has overall higher ranking on individual players, can loose to a team that isn't suppose to loose too....
I guess I need to stop complaining because now I am losing to teams that there is no way I should be losing too....

Tigers2
(04-25-2016, 06:53 PM)autigersfan66 Wrote: [ -> ]I guess I need to stop complaining because now I am losing to teams that there is no way I should be losing too....

Tigers2

Again, even if we wanted to, there is nothing we could do on our side to make you lose.

The game is not rigged - plenty of people have high trophy counts and have won a lot of games. My advice would be to go on the in-game chat and ask other players how to improve your team and your gameplay. They'll be able to help you out.
Hi autigersfan66,

Several things come into play, it's not always just about the numbers. The plays called can make a difference, whether or not powerups were used can make a difference, the random effect on turnovers can make a difference, just like in real football. It's not simply a team with 3000 total points will beat a team with 2999 total points. What fun would that be? Smile Fortunately, there is far more strategy involved.

As far as the development side, it would make zero since to "rig" a game so players don't win too much. We want players to have fun and be rewarded with their time spent building up a team and having any sort of "rigging" to make a player lose is not beneficial for anyone, developer or player.