Longshot Games Forum

Full Version: Player AI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think there is something wrong with the player AI.  Several plays (both run and Pass) the player will not go towards the open field.  My last game, on a two point conversion I ran a FB slam.  the QB and FB both go to the right (no other players around) QB hands off the ball and the FB goes straight back left into the DEF.  Pass plays after catching the ball, players go straight for the Def instead of straight down the open field (as they were running prior to the catch).

TEAM Name: Geister
(06-30-2016, 10:23 PM)Giester Wrote: [ -> ]I think there is something wrong with the player AI.  Several plays (both run and Pass) the player will not go towards the open field.  My last game, on a two point conversion I ran a FB slam.  the QB and FB both go to the right (no other players around) QB hands off the ball and the FB goes straight back left into the DEF.  Pass plays after catching the ball, players go straight for the Def instead of straight down the open field (as they were running prior to the catch).

TEAM Name: Geister

Hi Geister,

Working on the football gameplay is a constant battle. Smile It's worth noting that the gameplay is simulated on the server - the game on your side just tries to portray what happened. So you're not losing yardage due to this, it's just that it's not doing a very good job of showing you what happened. Hope that takes the sting out a little bit. We are definitely working on the gameplay all the time, and hope to have some big updates before the season starts in a couple of months.